The Best City Cars in South Africa
Cities are busy, confusing and sometimes even scary places when it comes to driving and parking especially larger vehicles. Luckily there are enough affordable, comfortable and safe city cars to choose from if you live or work in an urban environment.
In case you were wondering what actually qualifies as a city car, here’s a definition from Wikipedia: “A city car (also known as urban car or a mini) is a small car designed to be used primarily in urban areas and conurbations.”
A hatchback is a typical city car, but some coupés and small SUVs can pleasantly surprise when it comes to being compact and efficient, without compromising on style.
Let’s take a look at some of the best city cars in South Africa in terms of affordability. In no particular order we have:
- Fiat 500 – The Fiat 500 is stylish with its new interior and safe with seven airbags.
From R179 900*
- Toyota Aygo X Grill – The new Aygo is attractive, safe and fuel-efficient.
From R148 800*
- Hyundai i10 – This hatch is safe and feature-packed while offering great fuel consumption.
From R149 900.*
- Nissan Micra – The Micra is modern, thoughtful and conveniently adaptable.
From R149 900*
- Kia Picanto – The affordable and safe Picanto remains an affordable, popular city car.
From R128 995*
- Chery J2 – Chery’s economical yet powerful J2 model offers value for money.
From R149 995*
- Tata Bolt – The Bolt is a sporty performer with fun, convenient features.
From R146 995*
- VW up! – The new VW up! is fresh and fun with great standard features.
From R152 500*
- Chevrolet Spark – The Spark is a safe, fuel-efficient and affordable city car.
From R134 700*
- Mazda2 – The Mazda2 is stylish and agile with great fuel economy.
From R174 123*
- Renault Sandero – The entry-level Renault Sandero boasts great standard features.
From R136 900*
- Honda Brio – The Honda Brio is a simple, safe hatchback, great for city driving and living.
From R144 300*
- Suzuki – The new and improved Suzuki Swift is a sporty, dynamic and fuel-efficient hatch.
From R145 500*
- Citroen C1 – The ergonomic Citroen C1 has great technologies and optimised running costs.
From R149 900*
- Peugeot 208 5-Door – The new Peugeot 208 is efficient, elegant and advanced.
From R169 900*
There are plenty of other city cars to choose from, but this list should give you an idea of all the options out there.
*28 April 2016 Prices – Subject to Change.